Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*

Go down 
+7
juliopigmey
princess
Reneil1206
AyawKoiBanned
nickthenick
Ferocious
Voxytine
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Voxytine

Voxytine

PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* Empty
PostSubject: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:32 pm

How to fix the problem:

AVG Users - Please check out this link (Guide by Jarhead)
Avast Users (the orange version) - Click here
Other anti-viruses - Disable them for a bit, then use the launcher, see if that helps. If it does, you need to find out how to make an exclusion for your GFlyff folder.

Doesn't work?
Terminate your anti-virus using the Task Manager (Alt + Del + Ctrl) in the processes tab, but I'd still recommend adding an exclusion.

If this still does not work...
  • Make a new copy of the GFlyff, but this time, move it into another location.
  • Then delete the World folder, before using this patch to replace everything for you
  • Make sure your anti-virus is switched off before you start the launcher. (Sometimes, when it still comes up with the error, you might want to restart your computer. Either before this step or after or both)

If this still does not work...
*This can sometimes work, if you're looking for a quick fix but adding an exception for GFlyff folder should solve the problem*
  • Before it disappears giof.exe disappears, close the launcher about when it's about 75% through the patching.
  • Extract it (yes, you can extract it. It comes up as a .gz file, which can be extracted using e.g. WinRar), in the same folder e.g. if your for Gflyff is C:/ Program Files/Gflyff, it'll make the default destination folder C:Program Files/Gflyff/giof.exe (folder) - rename the destination folder (giof.exe) to something else (e.g. C:/ Program Files/Gflyff/samplenm)
  • Then, cut it and paste it back into the main folder.
  • Make sure your anti-virus is disabled (whether it be by using task manager or disabling the shields manually using the program) before you click on the launcher.

Also, if the problem still persists, PM me.

Oh, and if there are fixes that I have not mentioned here, please feel free to include them in your reply. :] ~

Last edited by Voxytine on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:39 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ferocious

Ferocious

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptyFri May 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Nice guide :p
Back to top Go down
nickthenick

nickthenick

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:59 am

Yeah, it helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.nikoguiam007.com
AyawKoiBanned

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:47 am

How About some in game connection problem?.. cuz im always cant join the game after i log in my account..or should i say.. after i choose my character and enter..Hollah!!! Its stays there nothing happens..Thers no problem about my network its ok..just in game joining cant enter...what should i do? pls help me!! tnx! more power!
Back to top Go down
Ferocious

Ferocious

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:26 pm

AyawKoiBanned wrote:
How About some in game connection problem?.. cuz im always cant join the game after i log in my account..or should i say.. after i choose my character and enter..Hollah!!! Its stays there nothing happens..Thers no problem about my network its ok..just in game joining cant enter...what should i do? pls help me!! tnx! more power!

Its not the IP in the neuz.ini if you can log in to see your character.

Do you have Giolog's "giof.exe" saved in your folder?
Maybe you dc'd/logged off in a laggy spot?
You're characters probably bugged?
Maybe the Log-in/World Server is down when you attempted to connect?
Back to top Go down
Reneil1206

Reneil1206

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:50 am

NOPE ITS ALL WRONG DO NOT DIS ABLE ANTI VIRUS
IF AVG:
RESIDENT SHIELD-MANAGE EXCEPTIONS-ADD PATH-FIND UR GIOLOG FLYFF FOLDER CLICK IT ONCE AND PRESS OK. IF UR IN THE ADVANCED AVG SETTINGS WINDOW CLICK APPLY THEN OK THEN UR DONE
Back to top Go down
Voxytine

Voxytine

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:56 am

1. Refrain from writing in capital letters please... Not only it makes you sound impolite, but it's harder to read IMO.
2. I have put the link for AVG users for a reason.
3. What's wrong with disabling anti-virus for 2-5 minutes? It should be fairly obvious that before you do that, you do a full system scan or (try to find out how to) make an exception for the GFlyff folder.
4. Please fully read something before you jump to conclusions... (emphasis on "a bit")
Back to top Go down
princess

princess

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:18 am

Tnx A lot Its succesfully patch thnx alot
Back to top Go down
juliopigmey

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:04 pm

thx a lot..it helped me!!
Back to top Go down
iTzVicious

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:12 pm

I swithed to avast and it sitll gives me the same error, idk what to do..
Back to top Go down
Voxytine

Voxytine

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:12 pm

iTzVicious wrote:
I swithed to avast and it sitll gives me the same error, idk what to do..
You've got the new version (the orange one), right? Adding the GFlyff folder should make the giof.exe work, but you might want to restart your computer just in case. I'll attach screenies in a minute... But before I do that, could you disable all 7 shields for a min then click on the patch again?
On the other hand, you didn't have to swtich to avast, just find out how to add an exception for your GFlyff folder Oo;
Back to top Go down
iTzVicious

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:45 pm

I tried 1093437 times with AVG and no matter how many times i did the exception it didnt work, i dont know which avast i have.
Back to top Go down
Voxytine

Voxytine

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:09 pm

Hmm weird. Do make sure that only one anti-virus is running by checking in the task manager (processes tab)... Then do a full system scan before you try to terminate the anti-virus you've running and see if it still comes up with the error.
EDIT: I think that the orange version is version 5 and above.
Back to top Go down
Umeko

Umeko

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:21 am

Its easier for avira users :

1.open avira
2. press f8
3. enable expert-mode
4. Open Scanner---> exceptions --> enter giof.exe
5. open guard --> exceptions --> enter giof.exe

DONE

PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* Lucky_Star_-_Konata_Taunt
Back to top Go down
gakema5

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:44 am

Can you help me pls? I don't know how to turn off McAfee And can you explain the direction in a simpler term? I can't understand.
Back to top Go down
Voxytine

Voxytine

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 8:57 am

Oh goddd.
Not to be rude, but McAfee is one of the anti-viruses that I avoid. Others are Norton (obviously) and Kaspersky.
What I mean is you hold alt, ctrl and delete at the same time... If you have Windows XP, it should come up with Task Manager. If you have Vista, a menu should come up... Choose task manager... Same with Windows 7, but you can just right-click the taskbar (the thing at the bottom, with start, your keyboard language thing, programs running etc.) and choose task manager... Click on the processes tab, and delete any processes related to McAfee.
Or you could just go on google and type mcafee exceptions (list).
I've done that and looks like there is no way to do that, so I just suggest getting another anti-virus, really.
Back to top Go down
gakema5

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:27 pm

Thank you and so sorry about this Smile I'll try it ^-^
Back to top Go down
gakema5

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:37 pm

I'm sorry to bother you but it still didn't work. I stop the patching at about 75% before the giof.exe winrar file disappear, but it won't allow me to view it. When i double click on the file, it said the file is dammage and so and so.
Back to top Go down
Voxytine

Voxytine

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Heh, it's ok. :]
That happened to me a lot, don't worry~
Either 1. Try just before it patches completely...
or 2. If you got yourself another anti-virus, just add your Giolog Flyff folder to exceptions list. Some might require restarting to apply changes.
Before you launch GFlyff, I want you to check if there are more than one anti-viruses running.
I would personally recommend getting Avast, as I use it myself so it's easier for me to help people if they can't launch GFlyff.
Back to top Go down
gakema5

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:46 pm

I tried it before it patches completely. Still can't open Winrar. I also tried #2 Still didn't work :3
And there's no other Anti-viruses. I download and tried out Avast and it still won't work :3
Back to top Go down
A0eFTW

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Guys...
I tried evrything D:

Finally I dont get the error with giof.exe, and the patcher finished patching...

But when I click "start", nothing happens...
The GioFlyff window doestn open...why? >>:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*   PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10* Empty

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ THIS before posting - GIOF.EXE problems *updated 1/7/10*
Page 1 of 1