Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giolog Players

Go down 
+5
Canadian
Ferocious
Mookie
Macro
Silverwolf114
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Silverwolf114

Silverwolf114

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:06 pm

I've honestly typed this up like three times and just didn't like the way it sounded, so hopefully I'll like this version.

As some of you may or may not have noticed, Giolog is dead, although it may be online right now, the fact of the matter is that we are on the verge of a HUGE fucking flame war, and the server hasn't been up for a week.
Sadly, just keeping the server up, even permanently, will NOT be enough to save the community, at least not the forum.
What the forum need is a moderator, and Ferocious seems to have abandoned the server as the last time I saw him was when he defended himself on Vaan's post.

If anyone else is smart enough to know that unless 2Bartz cleans up the forum, gives people who donated there stuff, stabilize the server the server's fucked, please say so.

I initially wanted to make this longer, but I've said enough.
Back to top Go down
Macro

Macro

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:27 pm

+ 2bartz isn't fit to be an owner. He's only fit to be an ass and a scammer. I dont even think bartz expected the server to be this popular. In that case, he didn't and wouldn't put enough effort or time to keep the server up for a whole week w/o any downtime
Back to top Go down
Mookie

Mookie

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Silverwolf114 wrote:
Ferocious seems to have abandoned the server

No he didn't, he just haven't got his new internet connection yet. There might be some delays/problems with it tho.
Back to top Go down
Ferocious

Ferocious

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:44 pm

I'm still here, I'm just busy with life at the moment. I can't be on that much since I have a job during the daytime and I have to apply for college this month. So I've been really busy trying to keep up with everything. I also have a few bills to pay, which sucks ass, but I'll still log on whenever I have the time to. As for the donations, I know people have been complaining a lot about how inactive the person handling the donation seems to be. I would personally give people their items, but I haven't gotten the latest donor list from Bart or his nephew. Not to mention I can't even spawn pets in game anymore. Lol
Back to top Go down
Canadian

Canadian

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:31 am

Yeah, it's comming up on three weeks since my friend donated (saturday he made it).

I don't like how gio has turned into a lottery of "will it be up today so I can play?". But I agree, even if the servers did come back at 100% with less lag and more updates than ever, it's still going to be difficult to get the players back and recruit new ones.

Yesterday, the max number of players was somewhere around 368, (at least thats what I saw), and I remember only a few weeks back when it was almost doubled.

It's not hard to see how these problems can be fixed, but like so many others, I find myself asking "is it worth the waiting, or should I just stop playing altogether?"
Back to top Go down
jekt

jekt

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:29 pm

The problem's come from Bartz, some ppl donate like 100-200$ (and 500$ skizu) BUT Bartz has never use it for the server, to buy a dedicated? he use this monney for his irl life (mcDonald ftw) so server will never have no lag no downtime ...

Back to top Go down
Fush

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:35 pm

Macro wrote:
+ 2bartz isn't fit to be an owner. He's only fit to be an ass and a scammer. I dont even think bartz expected the server to be this popular. In that case, he didn't and wouldn't put enough effort or time to keep the server up for a whole week w/o any downtime

Quote for truth, which is why you should follow my instructions I pm'ed you about a day or two ago =]
Back to top Go down
jekt

jekt

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:39 pm

Macro wrote:

+3 Nothing other to tell
Back to top Go down
Amanda

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:57 pm

Lol, it would be so lol if he/she closes the sever after this.

You guys are bashing someone who lets you play their server.

Fit or not fit, you need to person in order to play.
Back to top Go down
jekt

jekt

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:29 pm

Yesterday was my last day on Flyff, and Flyff pserver.

So I say what I think, Open a pserver .. right, nice pserver BUT pserver always Offline and use donation for his life and not for the server hm
Back to top Go down
Amanda

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Still, he holds all the power. He doesnt have to give you guys shit. You know why? Its called DONATION. Your giving money to someone, for nothing in return. He's offering to give you something in return for helping him, he's not entitled to do so.

He has the power, and your just a player. He could just cut the server and run with your money if he wanted to, so it isnt really wise talking badly of him.
Back to top Go down
Seto0

Seto0

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:46 pm

jekt wrote:
Yesterday was my last day on Flyff, and Flyff pserver.

So I say what I think, Open a pserver .. right, nice pserver BUT pserver always Offline and use donation for his life and not for the server hm

Mention 'pserver' one more time and it'll be for last.
Back to top Go down
jekt

jekt

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:48 pm

Amanda wrote:
Still, he holds all the power. He doesnt have to give you guys shit. You know why? Its called DONATION. Your giving money to someone, for nothing in return. He's offering to give you something in return for helping him, he's not entitled to do so.

He has the power, and your just a player. He could just cut the server and run with your money if he wanted to, so it isnt really wise talking badly of him.

Yeah you right he have the power but (always this fking but) his power's from the player I mean, If all ppl left giologs he will lost his power and ppl donate for him not for the server, ok but (always) if he never help the server ppl will stop donate so server will be die and he'll not have donation :>
Back to top Go down
Amanda

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:03 pm

You donate to keep the server alive, not for him. You're paying so you could play another day.

He's trying his best, and all you do is yell and scream at him. He's only human, geez.

I would totally cut off the server if everyone kept on yelling at me to do shit, I'm the whole who is letting you play, I'm the one who needs to give your stuff for giving me a donation.
Back to top Go down
Macro

Macro

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:25 pm

Amanda wrote:

Right about the donation thing... BUT.... I seem to recall a thread that titles : "[Offifcial] Help Donate to Keep the Server Going.". Which means "donation" on this server Doesn't mean the true definition of "Donation". It would/could mean "Don't be selfish; Give the server some money so people can enjoy it more and server can be more/fully stable, And you will get rewarded." If that didn't make any sense to you then its not my problem.

Amanda wrote:
You donate to keep the server alive, not for him. You're paying so you could play another day.

He's trying his best, and all you do is yell and scream at him. He's only human, geez.

I would totally cut off the server if everyone kept on yelling at me to do shit, I'm the whole who is letting you play, I'm the one who needs to give your stuff for giving me a donation.

Maybe he is trying his best..... Maybe he's just so busy that he can't find time to monitor the server. In that case, He can at least give someone the "Co-Owner" or the "Head Admin Title". Those people can get access to the server files and restart the server every time there is a problem. [Through Team viewer or something. I don't know because i never asked. Don't flame me with this one because I have no idea how Co-Owners get access to the Owner's Server files].

Just with the fact that he never even inform the staff [Just Ferocious] about whats going on [If he's just really busy with everything or w/e] and to try to resolve this problem, he's only on after he checks donations [Proves that he actually has extra time]. I personally think that he doesn't even have any kind of contact with Ferocious [Msn or YM or SMS etc].
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Giolog Players Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giolog Players   Giolog Players Empty

Back to top Go down

Giolog Players
Page 1 of 1