Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide

Go down 
+4
Aemi
Ferocious
kidfresh21
Heatransoul
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Heatransoul

[Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide Empty
PostSubject: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:20 pm

While many of these have been made, the only ones that I have seen have not been for Giolog; either for eFlyFF or from another Private Server. If someone did make one for Giolog, I didn't see it, and I must apologize.

This is a level-by level guide on how to level. It should come in handy for when the server comes back up. Please note that I am starting with one build for each class. When that's finished, I'll write up some PvP builds. All of my builds do not require any skills to be maxed, with the obvious exception of AoE builds and Mages. The PvP Builds will require some Skill Maxing, however. After I have the Levellng Build and the PvP build for each class, I will write an AoE build for each class (Jester obviously becoming Bow Jester), and then write a random build one.

Table of Contents:
1. Levelling Guide
1.1 Vagrant
1.2 First Job
1.3 Second Job
1.4 Master
1.5 Hero

2. Builds
2.1 Vagrant
2.2 Blade
2.3 Knight
2.4 Ringmaster

Coming Soon:
2.5 Billposter
2.6 Elementor
2.7 Psykeeper
2.8 Ranger
2.9 Jester

3. What to do now/PvP Builds
3.1 Blade
3.2 Knight
3.3 Ringmaster
3.4 Billposter
3.5 Elementor
3.6 Psykeeper
3.7 Ranger
3.8 Jester

4. Boss Battles
4.1 Serus Uriel
4.2 Ivillis Leanes
4.3 Beast King Khan/Beast Overlord Khan
4.4 Lykanos the Malevolent and Drakul the Diabolic/Dread Lykanos the Malevolent and Dread Drakul the Diabolic
4.5 [General] Razgul
4.6 [Deathbringer] Kheldor
4.7 Red Meteonyker
4.8 Asmodan

5. How to Make Money

6. Pets

7. Achievements

1. Levelling Guide

1.1 Vagrant
Go outside of Flaris and kill a small Aibatt. You should now be level 5. Buy a Town Blinkwing (assuming you don't already have five for starting). Future Acrobats should purchase a Blinkwing of Darkon, while future Magicians should acquire a Blinkwing of Saint Morning. Now, go to the Demians, but don't cross the bridge to Madren Town. Kill one or two Pukepukes that are near here, loot the remains, and equip what you can. Next, go to the Demian spawn outside of Madren Town. Kill these guys until you're level 15 (should only be 3-5 Demians), and then Blink to wherever the last person in the Job Quest is. Talk to them, and choose to take the 'Duty of *Insert Job Name Here*' Quest. Talk to the person again, and the Quest should be finished. Congratulations! You now have your first job! Wasn't that a fun 45 seconds?

1.2 First Job
What most people do when they get their job is to go and buy new gear for it. DON'T DO IT. You'll just be wasting your money. If you plan on being a Ranger or Bow Jester, then buy some arrows. If you feel like it, buy Jewelry or a Cash Shop set. Pick-Up Pets are a definite YES (being sold at Peach in Saint Morning or Coral Island), and use the Pick-Up Pet Upgrade as well as some Keys (also sold at Peach) to turn it into a Buff Pet. Don't get any Beads, though. Equipment wise, stick with your Vagrant stuff. Buy a Blinkwing of Mars and 2 Blinkwings of Flaris. Use the Blinkwing of Flaris (assuming you're not already there), sell any items you picked up during your Vagrant days that you won't need, and buy 2 Extra Backpacks. Use them. Buy some White Cakes with the money you have. Is sells these. They probably will come in handy later. Put them in your backpack. Go to Buff Pang and get Buffed, if your Buffs have run out. Use the Blinkwing of Mars. You should spawn right outside the dugeon. Kill the nearest Bang (preferably Captain or higher), and loot it. You should now be level 18-19. The Bang probably dropped something that you could equip that is better than what you have currently, so equip it and enter the dungeon. Kill Feferns until they stop giving you one level per kill. If they give you 95% or higher per kill, keep killing them until it goes below that. You should be level 28 when you move on to Bangs. By now, they should have dropped something useful for you. Equip it, and continue in through the dungeon, only killing monsters that are annoying you. Go to either of the rooms where the Mutant Bangs are, and kill them until you get to Level 32. IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE NOT YET GOTTEN AT LEAST THE LEVEL 27 BLUE WEAPONS, THEN KEEP KILLING THE MOBS UNTIL YOU GET THEM. Equip all the best items and then go to the Vice Veduque room. Kill them until you're level 35. If you're lucky, one will drop a key to open the door, though in all my nine characters this has never happened. Store the extra loot in your pack. If you get a Mine Door Key, you can either sell it to me ( Razz ) or go in and challenge Serus Uriel. Details of this battle are in section 4, Boss Battles.

If you were not able to battle Serus, however, and went over Lv. 35 at the Vice Veduques, then go to Saint Morning and kill a few Captain Totemias, and then move on to Cardpuppets. When you're level 45, buy a Blinkwing of Flaris and go back to Flaris. Buy the Coral Island Ticket. This is when the money starts to flow in. Kill the monsters there until you are their level, and then move on to the next mob until you are level 60. Using 2 Backpacks is highly recommended; even so, I filled up all of my slots by the time I was level 55. Luckily, you can fly here, so whip out your Limousine Bike/other, SLOWER flying thing and NPC all your items to Peach. DO NOT UPGRADE ANYTHING UNTIL YOU ARE LEVEL 60! Unless you have gotten a green Lv. 45 set, don't upgrade anything. You'll just end up NPCing it a few minutes later. On Coral Island, you can also get some good Jewelry. Assuming you haven't already purchased the Champion's, Defender's, etc. sets, then use the Jewelry that drops from the Mobs here. If you do have these sets, then you can try your hand at upgrading them, though that will take some time I would definitely recommend for AoE-rs to upgrade their Jewelry, as they will otherwise risk death by Masquerpets. When you're level 60, warp back to Flaris by double-clicking your ticket. At level 50, go back to Flaris and buy the Guardian Weapon of your class, and use a Scroll of Reduction on it, and equip it. If you feel like you're ready for Azria, buy an Azria Ticket. Do not sell your Coral Island ticket, as you will need Coral Island to upgrade your equipment (Saint Morning is WAY too crowded). Then buy a Blinkwing of Darkon 3. I tried a Blinkwing of Volkane, but I got killed as soon as I spawned, as there are two Aggressive Meteonykers right next to you. You can't make it to the warp unless you have about 200% walking speed and an incredible block rate. Once you're in Darkon 3, then go and talk to the (*Insert Desired 2nd Job Name Here* Guardian*) *Insert Name of Guardian Here*. They are all located past the Glaphans, but are in front of the Volkane Dungeon. Talk to them and accept the Successor of Hero - Guardian Quest, and then talk to them again. Congratulations! You now have your second job!

1.3 Second Job
Blink to Flaris, and buy the Dryad Armor of your class and your build's best weapon. Personally, I always go with Dryad and Ancient, but that's just me. Then buy a stack of each of the Blinkwings, with the exception of Town Blinkwing. You're going to be Blinking a LOT. Start buying your Green Armor Sets and Weapons, going from 125 - HERO down, and then use Scroll of Reductions on them. Always equip these weapons and armors whenever you can. Re-activate your Coral Island ticket and go killing Dorians and Merals there until you're level 69. Follow the strategy I outlined earlier. When you're finished, go to Azria. Azria is a little trickier. Here, the Mobs are six levels apart. Starting at 60 will be EXTREMELY annoying if someone is not spamming heal on you or if you don't have any food. Killing a Yetti won't even get you many levels, if any at all. It may only give 90% experience. Just keep eating your food while killing them. It will be very annoying until you're level 68 or so. However, you WILL get rich incredibly fast in Azria. I gained 5 levels and got about about 1 Perin while there. Yettis drop Penya in groups of millions at a time, so be prepared. When you reach 73, you should have at least 5 Perin, assuming you continue to deposit it in your bank. And it just gets better. Killing Mutant Yettis will give you anywhere from 1~1.5 million Penya each, and Mutant Augus will give you 1.5~2 million Penya per kill. Killing Mushpoies? No Anyway, now your levelling should slow down to about 5% per kill. When you reach 95, equip your class's Lv. 105 suit and weapons, as they are great for all classes. When you get to Level 100 by grinding on Augus and Ghosts, switch to normal Mammoths. Although you won't do much damage to them, it's a great way to gain levels more quickly than grinding on Ghosts. I now recommend buying whatever Cash Shop Power-Up items you can get from Is. When you reach 108, yes, 108, not 109, switch to Cannibal Mammoths. They will be tough to kill, but you will get level faster. If this has taken more than 12 hours, I would recommend voting for the server. This way, you have 2 Amps, and they will be pretty useful in this last leg. Once at Lv. 115, use the dreaded Blinkwing of Volkane. Now you should be strong enough to destroy those petty Meteonykers that killed me. AVENGE MY DEATH! Yeah. You get the idea. Hopefully, you still have a long time left in your Amps, because this way you can level quickly. When you reach Lv. 119, then start going up that spire thingy to the Mysterious Robed Girl. Kill all the mobs in your way. If you haven't de-levelled or reached 120 yet, then go and wait at the top for the last monster you killed to respawn. Keep killing those until you are 120 with 99.99 EXP. Then talk to the Mysterious Robed Girl and become 60-M.

1.4 Master
Blink to Flaris and sell all your old equipment, and equip the Bloody set and the Red Chip Armor. Re-use your Azria Ticket and teleport to Azria. Repeat the process in the Second Job section, but vote every 12 hours and use the Amps to your advantage. When you use an Amp, it's basically setting the EXP rate back to a non-Master setting. Go to the Forsaken Tower, and kill Catsies and Harpies until you get to level 70. Then get a Restat, and become a 1v1, unless you're an Elementor. All classes besides Elementors should be killing Ghosts of the Forgotten Prince, as your damage will not be godly, but will still kill them with lots of HP to spare, while Elementors should AoE Mutant Yettis. Do this until level 80, and then move to Ghosts of the Forgotten King for the next ten levels. Elementors should go to Mutant Augus. Now, instead of moving to Mammoths, go to Ghosts of the Forgotten Prince again. EVERYONE should do this. You can get more EXP per minute from them than you can from Mammoths, and you can survive easily. At level 95, go to Ghosts of the Forgotten King. Use your Amp Scrolls whenever possible. At Level 100, move on to Mammoths, and at Level 105, Cannibal Mammoths. At Level 110, go to Volcane, and kill Meteonykers until Level 112. Go to Cyclops X for the last 8 Levels, and then go up and down the Spire until you get 99.99%. I would recommend going into the Red Meteonyker's room and kill the Meteonykers and Cyclops X there. If you get spotted by the Red Meteonyker, then simply exit without dying and face the Cyclops X outside. Outside, however, is clogged a lot, whereas no one goes into Red Meteo's home unless they want to kill him. Congratulations! You are now a Hero!

Now you have to enter the Cursed Aminus Dungeon. Enter with a party of people who are the same level as you, and abuse the Red Scroll. This way, when using Linked Attack, even if you are not attacking the same enemy, you will do more damage. Encourage your party to use Amp Scrolls. I'm not sure about this, but I think that the EXP distributed over the Party is applied after the Amp scrolls 2x EXP is applied. This way, everyone gets more EXP. Kill any of the monsters until you all are Lv. 116, and then all of you should fight one giant at a time. Use Linked Attack when possible. When Dread Lykanos appears, make sure you all are using Pills, as these will be more effective now than cakes. Hopefully, you are Lv. 119 by now. If not, then leave the dungeon and go to Volkane to train as I previously instructed. When you kill Dread Lykanos, then you all should become Lv. 120. If anyone does not, make sure the RM who is possibly with you focuses most on that one. Although the Ringmaster probably will be spamming maxed Heal Rain by then. When you fight Dread Drakul, be absolutely sure to use whatever skills you have that can stun him. Otherwise, most of your party mates will die. If there are at least two 100% Attack Speed Billposters in your party with maxed Stonehand, then you're set. He won't be able to attack at all, and will die easily. Skills that reflect damage should be put up just in case, and bloodsuck skills should be used whenever possible. It is best to use an Upcut Stone, VitalDrink X, Refresher Hold and Bull Hamstern before the fight starts. This way, you'll do the max damage while having max HP. Also eat any Macarons/Potions/Cookies needed before the fight. When you're done, split the Ancient Weapons and then depart to Volkane.

1.5 Hero
Start by upgrading all your armor and weapons to +10. Jewel Slot your weapons, and then Pierce your Weapons and Armors. Add whatever you feel is necessary. If you want, you can Element your equipment; I would not recommend it, as the Valley of the Risen monsters are very diverse in their attributes. Use Amp Scrolls whenever you can, and GRIND whenever there is Rain or an EXP event. Start with Hellhounds at level 121. They do about 2x the amount of damage a Cyclops X did to you when you were 120, so be careful, AoE-rs. Speaking of which, AoE is recommended here, if you can find a spot that is not taken by anyone else yet. At 122, move on to Risen Pikemen. These should give you decent EXP. At 123, go to Risen Warriors. If you can't take them, then stay on Risen Assassins. Eventually, you should get to Level 126. Now enter the Catacombs of Anguish. If you have to warp out for random reasons, then you should just talk to Is in Saint Morning, Flaris or Coral Island, accept her Quest, and talk to her again to warp back to the Catacombs. Kill everyone quickly except for the Idols, as they can spawn their non-Idol counterparts; very useful when you need someone to kill. Kill Vile Flayers until 127, and then move on to Fallen Necromancers. Finally, kill Forsaken Banshees until you reach Level 129.

2. Builds

NOTE: This guide assumes that no other variable are involved besides the ones explicitly stated in the guide.

2.1 Vagrant
Full STR
As the title says, this build requires you to invest your 28 stat points in STR. This is the most used build, and, in eFlyFF, levels you the fastest. In Giolog, however, you can just not assign stat points at all and still level.

Full DEX
I read about this on FlyFF World. Apparently, it's used for Gianting. On eFlyFF, I tried this build, but I had to get my Assist to spam Heal like crazy. Full DEX is a pretty bad build, but, in Giolog, it really doesn't matter.

Full STA
This is one of those survivalist builds for new characters. When I first started playing FlyFF, I thought that death meant that you had to start a new character, so this is the build I followed. It's good for gianting, providing you have lots of food and/or an Assist/RM.

Full INT
This is only for those people who are so awesome that they can survive against any of the three monsters you had to fight as a Vagrant. I just do this because it's fun.

OVERVIEW:: Go Full STR or Full STA. The rest don't actually do anything.

2.2 Blade
When you get your Merc Job, assign the points like this:
STR: 20
STA: 20
DEX: 33
INT: 15
Then, for each level until 35, add 1 STA and 1 DEX. This way, you'll have the quickness and health needed to kill in the Mars Mine. Don't buy items; let the drops come to you and patch together whatever set parts you can. If you get a completed set, great. Until Lv. 80 or so, sets and equipment doesn't really matter so long as you don't use weapons that are 15+ levels lower than you. At level 35, you should look like this:
STR: 20
STA: 40
DEX: 53
Now add 1 STR and 1 STA per level until level 45. Now you can hit hard.
STR: 30
STA: 50
Then go Full DEX until Lv. 90. Get two Ultimate Angel Axes and upgrade them to +10. Get the Dayst/Dest Set and upgrade it to +10 as well. Use a Restat. Your stats should now be like this:
STR: 18
STA: 18
DEX: 30
INT: 18
The extra 15 on DEX and 3 on everything else is from upgrading your equipment to +10 and the bonuses from your Angel Axes and Dayst Suit. Your Attack Speed is 100% due to the items you are using, and your critical chance is now 63%! (I believe that you start with 3% Crit Rate. Please correct me if I'm wrong.) While you're still upgrading, get and upgrade the Champion's Jewelry set to +20. Equip them all. You'll get 1018 extra HP, 300 extra Magic Defense, 826 extra Damage per Hit, 80 extra STR, 10% ADOCH, and, for completing the set, 20% more HP, 50% more Damage Reflect and a 20% higher chance to block Melee Attacks. Shocked Here are your new stats:
STR: 98
Leftover: 198 Shocked
Place 42 of those 198 points into STA, and the rest into STR. Stats:
STR: 264
And you have 63% Crit. And 100% ASPD. If you want 65% Crit, then talk to a guy I know. His name is Buff Pang.
At Lv. 120, restat again, and sell your old equipment to someone too lazy to make their own. Or just NPC it. Buy a Nox Set and upgrade that to +10. Get two Ultimate Bloody Swords and upgrade those to +10. Now here are your stats:
STR: 108
DEX: 18
You have 63% Crit and 100% ASPD (Again). Now open all pierce slots in your armor and weapons, and put the following cards in:
4x Lightning Card 7%
18x Electric Card (A)
2x Fire Card (A)
This way you have slightly over 100% Crit, as well as 14 extra STR and 4% more ADOCH. Add 62 STA and put the rest in STR.
STR: 298
STA: 80
DEX: 126
Now go on the Master Quest. When you Restat, keep the Stats the same. Go full STR from here to 129 - HERO, and if you feel like you die too much, buy a Restat and add 20 extra points to STA. When you get to 125 - HERO, sell all your equipment and put on your upgraded Dryad Set and Ancient Weapons. Some people like to use Lusaka's Crystal Axe, but I prefer to dual wield two Ultimate Ancient Swords. Since I've never tested it with Lusaka's, the final build at 129 - HERO will be assuming you are using two Ultimate Ancient Swords. Here are the Socket Cards:
4x Lightning Card (7%)
12x Electric Card (A)
8x Fire Card (A)

I believe this Pserver goes to Lv. 149, but I'm not sure, so I won't include that. Use a Restat, and get a Cloak of the Champion. Here are the Final Stats:
STR: 531
STA: 68
DEX: 110
INT: 26
Critical Chance: 100%
Additional Damage of Critical Hit: +106%
Attack Speed: 100%
Accuracy: 96%
Evasion: 80%
Block: +15%
Melee Attack Block: 20%
HP: +1018
HP: 50% (After adding the extra 1018)
Magic Defense: +300
Attack: +826
Damage Reflect: 50%

All of this without awakenings, buffs or pets.

2.3 Knight
Now that you're a Merc, I suggest that you use the following build:
STR: 34
DEX: 21
Once you get to 60, you will restat, but this is just for the first half-hour that otherwise would be torture following a no-restat build. Get a Cloak of the Champion to boost all your stats up by 8, and get an extra +10% HP increase.. This helps a lot at low levels. Your stats, at Lv. 15, should now be:
STR: 42
STA: 26
DEX: 29
INT: 23
Keep killing until you reach level 40. When you do, your stats should be:
STR: 73
STA: 43
DEX: 38
With Cloak of the the Champion. Now just go Pure STR until Lv. 60. Live off the land whenever you play until you reach level 60. This means 'don't buy anything'. Again, just keep killing those mobs. When you reach Lv. 60, go 1v1. AoE is not possible, unfortunately, as all the Knight weapons have been changed to 1 handed, so you can't use any of their skills. Anyway, use your restat, and place 25 points into STR, and the rest into STA. This is what it should look like:
STR: 48
STA: 96
DEX: 23
Just pump STA from here on out. Equipment-wise, you should stick to whatever you find until the Warpon/Warspon set is available. Use that until level 105, as the Hit and Crit Rates it gives you are invaluable. When you are at 105, switch to the Knighert/Knighz set. The block and defense boost is great. Then move on to the Cruentus set, and, finally, the Dryad Set. It gives you more Defense and Block that the Knighert/Knighz set, and gives you added HP. For Jewelry, I recommend the Champion set, as you're not going to AoE and you will need the extra damage. For weapons, start with the Guardian Big Sword, as it does slightly more damage than the Guardian Ambidextrous Axe and gives the same amount of Defense, but sacrifices DEX for HP. But, as a Knight, you're not going to need a measly 7 DEX. When you reach level 90, sacrifice your Guardian Big Sword for an Angels Ambidextrous Axe. This way, you will have more Crits and strength. At Level 105, sell your equipment and buy a Legendary Big Golden Axe. This adds 18% of your HP and 6 STR. This proves invaluable at this level. At 120, a dilemma comes up. I personally believe that the Bloody Two-Hand Axe is better, as it does better damage and adds more STR, but the FP is useless, whereas the Bloody Slayer adds slightly more HP, improves your defense against Ranged Attacks, but deals less damage and gives less STR to boot. The choice is yours. However, when you reach the required level for Ancient levels, I would definitely recommend the sword. It gives you 30% of your HP, and increases your defense. The Axe, however, merely increases by 20% and hopes to compensate by adding a measly 15 STA. It hopes to please by adding an extra 10% ASPD, but the Sword's Attack Rate is Slow, while the Axe's is Very Slow. To compensate, you should pierce your suit with 4 Lightning Card (7%)s and your Sword with 10 Electric Card (A)s. The suit piercing will add some damage, while the Weapon Piercing should add 27% Crit and a likable portion of Attack Speed. Anyway, here is your final build (Assuming you have upgraded all equipment to +10, all jewelry to +20, and chose the Ancient Sword over the Ancient Axe, as well as pierced appropriately. Buffs, Pets and Awakenings as well as other factors I have not stated in this guide do not factor in for this.):
STR: 131
STA: 434
DEX: 106
Defense Power: +20%
Close Range Block +50%
HP: +1018
HP: +60%
Critical Chance: +38%
ADOCH: +10%
Attack: +826
Magic Defense: +300
Ranged Attack Block: +30%
Attack Speed +20%

2.4 Ringmaster
Because this Private Server has basically every Buff at Buff Pang, Ringmasters have become obsolete. However, they still have to survive in this harsh world, so they became Battle Ringmasters. When you get to Level 15, allocate your stats like so:
STR: 28
STA: 17
DEX: 33
From now on, use Buff Pang Buffs. They will allow you to shave off a huge amount of STA and DEX, and enable you to get stronger quicker. Here are your Buffed Stats:
STR: 48
STA: 57
INT: 35
Get a Cloak of the Champion in Saint Morning. I choose this over the Dragon Cloak because, although the Dragon Cloak give 6 more of each stat, this gives an extra 10% HP, which is invaluable. Your STA is already maxed at Level 15. Congratulations. Then get the Sardine/Curus set, and the Babil Knuckle. The reason I'm actually telling you to buy items is because Assists are going to need all the help that they can get when they become Ringmasters, and this will help accustom you to the buy-every-armor-set-once-its-available mentality of the Ringmaster. It is optional to buy whatever I tell you, but they do add a nice bonus that could be useful later. Now, stay in the Mines until Level 30. During this period of growth, you may want to replace your Babil Knuckle with PaPang Stick, and then with the Steel Knuckle. Make your stats like this:
STR: 58
STA: 65
DEX: 81
INT: 43
(Note that this does not include the +3 DEX bonus from the Sardine/Curus set or the +3 STR Bonus from the Steel Knuckle.)
Now equip the Steel Knuckle and the Talin/Sayram Set. The only reason we want this set is for its awesome Crit bonus. Before you go to Coral Island, however, you should go and buy the Champion's Set. Upgrade all of them at Coral Island to +20 for a 10% ADOCH boost, +80 to your STR, +826 Additional Damage, +1018 Max HP, +300 Magic Defense, +20% HP, +50% Reflect Damage (this will be very useful soon) and +20% Melee Block. When you hit 45, get a Fist of Revenge, but keep your Talin/Sayram set. Your stats should be as follows:
STR: 173
INT: 48
Basically, you just pumped STR from 30 to 45. You got an extra 5 STR from the Fist of Revenge, and then a total of 60% Reflect! Although most monsters you face will not do much against you, it helps if you're fighting higher level monsters who do 3K+ while a Master. Although your probably won't be using this Knuckle when you're a Master Razz.
From now on, just pump STR. I won't go over the stats until the Final Build, but I'll tell you which equips to use. When you reach Level 60, get the Shurand/Shuran set. If your prefer the Crit to the +15% HP, fine. Just remember - It's a total of +35% HP so far. From now on, you're probably going to want to stick with Knuckles (even though I don't think we used Sticks yet), because they give better bonuses. Get the Ultimate Guardian Knuckle when you can, as it adds 15% HP and Attack Speed, instead of 15% HP and 3 INT. Keep your Shurand/Shuran set until you can get the Navil/Neclus set. This only has a decent bonus, giving you 15% HP. Keep using Ultimate Knuckles until you can use Ultimate Lusaka's Fist. If you want to abuse the Restriction, feel free to do so. I would recommend just sticking with an Ultimate Bloody Knuckle. Get the Dryad Set, but only for its Defense and HP bonuses. Anyway, here are your final stats, assuming you used the Ultimate Bloody Knuckle +10 and a Dryad Set + 10 (NOTE: Use a Restat to keep STA and DEX at 65 and 81, respectively; put the 6 points in STR):
STR: 519
INT: 71
HP +1018
Magic Defense +300
Additional Damage +1076
Defense +100
Defense +20%
Decreased Magic Casting Time: +20%
Increased HP +80%
Accuracy +45%
Block +15%
Magic Power +10%
Reflect Damage +50%
Melee Attack Block +20%

This assumes that Max Heap Up, Beef Up, Cannon Ball and Mental Sign are all in play. Other factors, such as pets, awakenings, Cash Shop items, other buffs and other things not stated in this guide do not apply to the final build.

4. Boss Battles

4.1 Serus Uriel

Recommended Level: 35
Recommended Classes: Mercenary, Assist, Acrobat
I do not recommend Mages for this, as they will be utterly destroyed when they have to spam Fire Strike, White Cakes and Green Cakes (seeing as you can't spam White Cakes and Green Cakes simultaneously). If you have to, then Max Fire Strike. Assists should buff themselves with Stonehand (preferably maxed) beforehand. This way, Serus Uriel can't put in as many hits and the battle will be that much faster. Acrobats should use maxed Yoyo Mastery or Bow Mastery. If they use Yoyos, they should also use maxed Cross Line. Mercenaries should use Pink Cakes and use Bloody Strike as often as possible. Smite Axe/Blazing Sword and Axe Mastery/Sword Mastery will be very convenient for this. This is where those white cakes will come in handy. Heal EVERY TIME Serus hits you, or it might put in an extra Crit and kill you. At 10% HP, Serus will start Rage. Now, just start spamming your cakes. If you kill Serus, you should get a MAJOR EXP boost (Captain Totemias will give you 337500 EXP per kill; Serus will give you 1750000 EXP points. Although that's only slightly more than 5 Captain Totemias, Serus will boost your level to 40 immediately and you can go straight to Coral Isle).

4.2 Ivillis Leanes

Recommended Level: 70~75
Recommended Classes: Blade, Knight, Billposter, Ranger, Jester, Elementor, Psykeeper
Most people will never battle Ivillis Leanes. This is because you have to do the Ivillis Dungeon Quest first, and no one does Quests at Level 40. However, if you are one of the oddities like myself, and have not surpassed Level 75, and have managed to persuade your friends to come along, then you're in luck. Get a party out of 2~7 of your friends, and use a Scroll of Selected Party to make it Advanced. Kill Ivillis Mushellizer, Ivillis Guarder and Ivillis Quaker, and get the three rubies. Go to Darz, and he will teleport you to Ivillis Leanes. Once inside, set up all your Buffs. Leanes is non-aggravated, so you can take as much time as you want - oh wait, you have a one hour time limit! Send Psykeepers in first, and get them to use Satanology. Assuming that works, get them to Spirit Bomb him. Once your Psykeeper is up and running, send in the Elementor. (S)he should use Windfield to slow the beast. Blades and Knights should use Sneaker. Get your Billposter to use Stonehand, and then start attacking. Bow Jesters and Rangers should move in now, using their debilitating Skills on Leanes. Now send in the Blades and Knights, and make the Elementors retreat as far back as they can go. Make them spam Windfield, and kill off the Dandyshers with their AoE
- OF DOOM! Leanes should die in a few minutes.

4.3 Beast King Khan/Beast Overlord Khan

Recommended Level: 80
Recommended Classes: Blade, Knight, Jester, Ranger, Billposter, Elementor, Psykeeper
Mind you, this guide is for soloists only. To get through the dungeon, you're going to need to be sneaky. These monsters hit hard. A Captain Syliaca (Level 70) has an attack of 938~937. In comparison, a Prismatic Cobra (Level 70) has an attack of 3,002~3,168. That's over 3 times as much, for those non-MathCounts people here. I would recommend bringing MANY Scrolls of Resurrection, as you will probably die many times. Get Ultimate Angels Weapons or Ultimate Lusakas Weapons (whichever is better for your class) and use a 1v1 PvM build. Use a Buff Pet with the Precious Bead of Malice, and get your Attack and HP raised by whatever means possible. DO NOT AoE! You will die horribly. Repeatedly. Upgrade your Ultimate Angels Weapons/Ultimate Lusaka's Weapons to +10 and get 18% Bloodsuck. Element all your Armor and Weapons to Fire, as EVERY Monster there is Wind-Elemented, with the obvious exceptions of the Totems.

Blades and Knights should use Sneaker on enemies and Empower Weapon, Blazing Sword, Smite Axe, Axe Mastery, and/or Sword Mastery on themselves. Knights should use Pan Barrier and Protection. Use an Activation and a VitalDrink X, and set up your Action Slot as follows:
Slash->Bloody Strike->Bloody Strike->Bloody Strike->Blindside
Blades should use Berserk if they don't need to Rebuff themselves within the next 30 seconds. Knights should use Rage and Pain Reflection.

Rangers and Jesters should use Fast Walker, Perfect Block, Yo-Yo/Bow Mastery and Dark Illusion on themselves whenever possible. Jesters should use Slow Step, Deadly Swing, Cross Line, Counter Attack (Action-Slotted), Enchant Poison, Enchant Blood, Enchant Absorb, and, of course, Penya Strike. Rangers should use Fire Arrow, Poison Arrow, Silent Arrow, and Triple Shot. Triple Shot should be Action-Slotted.

Billposters should use Stonehand, Asmodeus, Blood Fist and, obviously, Asalraalaikum.

Both Psykeepers and Elementors should use Rooting on their targets. Strongwind also helps due to its pushing. Elementors should use
1) Burning Field
2) Poison Cloud
3) Electric Shock
4) Action-Slotted Windfield
And Avalanche once in a while. When the effect wears off (happens VERY quickly for Electric Shock), then recast the spell. Don't forget to use all of the Masteries (except for Earth) beforehand. Psykeepers should use:
1) Satan
2) If they still get close, Crucio
3) Spirit Bomb
Don't forget to use Rooting. If the enemy gets too close, and you don't have sufficient HP, use Blinkpool and heal.

Now that you've gotten rid of all of the monsters, it's time to go on to the Totems. They're very annoying to kill, as they heal very quickly. Billposters should just Asalraalaikum them, and Jesters should use Penya Strike. But besides that, just keep attacking all out. Once these are dead, go on to Beast King Khan/Beast Overlord Khan.

OK. This guy is tough to kill. Rangers, Jesters, Elementors, Psykeepers, and Billposters are going to have a moderately easy time of it. Rangers and Jesters should use Dark Illusion, with Jesters using Penya Strike and Rangers using Silent Arrow, and then using Dark Illusion before he can attack you. Elementors and Psykeepers should just attack like how they did, and Billposters should use any STR and MP increasing Equips they have as well as any DMMT Equips they have. Then just spam Asalraalaikum and White Cakes. Blades and Knights should just go all out, but they have the highest chance of dying. Anyway, everyone should spam White Cakes during this fight.

4.4 Lykanos the Malevolent and Drakul the Diabolic/Dread Lykanos the Malevolent and Dread Drakul the Diabolic
Recommended Level: 120/129 - HERO
Recommended Classes: Blade, Knight, Jester, Ranger, Billposter, Elementor, Psykeeper
Mind you, this guide is for soloists only. To get through the dungeon, you're going to need to be sneaky. These monsters hit hard. A Small Asuras (Level 116) has an attack of 1,794~1,878. In comparison, a Sharp Axe-Jaw Ant (Level 116) has an attack of 4,425 ~ 4,635. That's about 2.5 times as much, for those non-MathCounts people here. I would recommend bringing MANY Scrolls of Resurrection, as you will probably die many times. Get Ultimate Bloody/Ancient Weapons or Ultimate Lusakas/Lusakas Crystal Weapons (whichever is better for your class) and use a 1v1 PvM build. Use a Buff Pet with the Precious Bead of Malice, and get your Attack and HP raised by whatever means possible. DO NOT AoE! You will die horribly. Repeatedly. Upgrade your Weapons to +10 and get 18% Bloodsuck. Element all your Armor and Weapons to Wind, as EVERY Monster there is Rock-Elemented.

Blades and Knights should use Sneaker on enemies and Empower Weapon, Blazing Sword, Smite Axe, Axe Mastery, and/or Sword Mastery on themselves. Knights should use Pan Barrier and Protection. Use an Activation and a VitalDrink X, and set up your Action Slot as follows:
Slash->Bloody Strike->Bloody Strike->Bloody Strike->Blindside
Blades should use Berserk if they don't need to Rebuff themselves within the next 30 seconds. Knights should use Rage and Pain Reflection.

Rangers and Jesters should use Fast Walker, Perfect Block, Yo-Yo/Bow Mastery and Dark Illusion on themselves whenever possible. Jesters should use Slow Step, Deadly Swing, Cross Line, Counter Attack (Action-Slotted), Enchant Poison, Enchant Blood, Enchant Absorb, and, of course, Penya Strike. Rangers should use Fire Arrow, Poison Arrow, Silent Arrow, and Triple Shot. Triple Shot should be Action-Slotted.

Billposters should use Stonehand, Asmodeus, Blood Fist and, obviously, Asalraalaikum.

Both Psykeepers and Elementors should use Rooting on their targets. Strongwind also helps due to its pushing. Elementors should use
1) Burning Field
2) Poison Cloud
3) Electric Shock
4) Action-Slotted Windfield
And Avalanche once in a while. When the effect wears off (happens VERY quickly for Electric Shock), then recast the spell. Don't forget to use all of the Masteries (except for Earth) beforehand. Psykeepers should use:
1) Satan
2) If they still get close, Crucio
3) Spirit Bomb
Don't forget to use Rooting. If the enemy gets too close, and you don't have sufficient HP, use Blinkpool and heal.

Now that you've gotten rid of all of the monsters, it's time to go on to the Giantss. Billposters should just Asalraalaikum them, and Jesters should use Penya Strike. But besides that, just keep attacking all out. Once these are dead, go on to Lykanos the Malevolent/Dread Lykanos the Malevolent.

OK. This guy is tough to kill. Rangers, Jesters, Elementors, Psykeepers, and Billposters are going to have a moderately easy time of it. Rangers and Jesters should use Dark Illusion, with Jesters using Penya Strike and Rangers using Silent Arrow, and then using Dark Illusion before he can attack you. Elementors and Psykeepers should just attack like how they did, and Billposters should use any STR and MP increasing Equips they have as well as any DMMT Equips they have. Then just spam Asalraalaikum and White Cakes. Blades and Knights should just go all out, but they have the highest chance of dying. Anyway, everyone should spam White Cakes during this fight. I highly recommend Psykeepers and Elementors, as these monsters have a VERY low Magic Defense. Once you get to Drakul/Dread Drakul, just do the same thing. NOTE: Using Dark Illusion may cause Lykanos or Drakul to go away during the fight and heal to FULL HP! If they start to run away, there is nothing you can do!

4.6 [Deathbringer] Kheldor

Getting through this dungeon is simple enough; follow the guidelines I laid out for the other two dungeons, and element your weapons to Water, as every monster is Fire. But Kheldor is an Earth-type monster, so you might want to bring an extra weapon that is Wind-Elemented. Be sure to bring some party members; 5 is sufficient, 8 is recommended. They should all be at least level 126 - HERO, if not 129 - HERO. Using the recommended 8 Party Member layout, here is what your party should look like:
2x Blade
1x Full STA Knight
2x Billposter
2x Elementor
1x Psykeeper
If you do not fall into any of the categories above, then replace one Blade with yourself. Use the Knight to tank EVERY monster (just in case), and get your Billposters to Asalraalaikum like mad (after using Stonehand, of course). One Elementor should be spamming Avalanche, to stunlock your enemy, and the other should be using Lightning Shock, to lower their defense by half. Psykeepers should be using Satonology, and, if they are full STA, Crucio. Once the Idols are destroyed, progress to [Deathbringer] Kheldor.

Everyone should have plenty of Scrolls of Resurrection on hand, as you will probably die a few times. It would be good to get one Billposter to Rebuff everyone when they die. Use whatever CS items you need. Just go all out; Elementors and Psykeepers staying in the back. Hopefully, the Bloodsuck on all of your party members will keep them from dying too early. BPs should use Stonehand and then spam Asalraalaikum. Use Precious Beads of Malice. Psykeepers should use Spirit Bomb, Elementors using Windfield, while the Knight kites the thing. Eventually, Kheldor will slow due to Windfield, and then the BPs can put him out of commission using Stonehand. If you have 2 BPs with 3 attacks/second, using Maxed Stonehand, then they have a 72% chance of stunning him per second. If they have 5 attacks/second, then they have a 120% Stun per second. In other words, get the guy stunned, and then Asal until the stun is broken. Elementors should Windfield for the duration, with Windfield Action-Slotted and use Activations. Same with BPs, except with VitalDrink Xs as well. Assuming you kill Kheldor, then congratulations!

1.2 1v1 Knight build added.
1.3 Battle Ringmaster build added.
1.4 Levelling Guide Revamped

Last edited by Heatransoul on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:48 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
kidfresh21

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:57 am

U can just rebirth from hero -_- i thought u can only do this once
Back to top Go down
Ferocious

Ferocious

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:26 am

There's no rebirths in Giolog, lol. You can try if you want to, it's just gonna confuse you.
Back to top Go down
Heatransoul

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:53 am

Oh. My bad. I thought that there were Rebirths, because I read a topic arguing over whether Rebirths should be implemented, and then someone said that 2bartz already placed the NPC for it.
Back to top Go down
Aemi

Aemi

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:58 am

I don't think there is any Rebirth system that'll make you a lower level, allowing you to add extra stats, while leveling again.

Anyway, thanks for the guide. =]
Back to top Go down
Xaviery

Xaviery

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:00 am

I think rebirth means going lvl 120 with 99.99% exp. to 60-Master.
Back to top Go down
Heatransoul

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Aemi wrote:
I don't think there is any Rebirth system that'll make you a lower level, allowing you to add extra stats, while leveling again.

Anyway, thanks for the guide. =]
In Giolog, maybe not, but some other Pservers made Rebirthing possible. On YouTube there is a script for it which instantly sets you from Level 129 to Level 60-M, but I guess that it's impossible to do it so that an NPC Rebirths you.

Anyway, the only reason why I have not removed the Rebirth yet is because I am editing it with a Build guide. When I finish editing it, then I'll take out the Rebirth part.

EDIT::
Rebirth removed.
Back to top Go down
Heatransoul

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Version 1.3 Released.
Plans for Version 1.4:
Billposter Build
Revamp Levelling Guide.
Back to top Go down
megamor

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:55 pm

about your guide where do u get cloak of the sea god without becoming a lord?
Back to top Go down
Heatransoul

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:57 pm

I'm not sure. I thought I removed that, and replaced it with Cloak of the Champions. I guess not, then.
Back to top Go down
Heatransoul

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Version 1.4 Added.
In other words...
BUMP.
Thoughts for v1.5:
Add ALL PvM Leveling Builds
Finish Boss Battles
Finish How to Make Money
Finish Pets
Finish Achievements

Thoughts for v1.6:
Finish all AoE Builds

Thoughts for v1.7
Finish all PvP Builds

Thoughts for v1.8
Finish all Random Builds
Back to top Go down
Frozen Flame

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 3:18 pm

This is a amazing guide and you must have alot of spare time
Back to top Go down
Macro

Macro

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Frozen Flame wrote:
Or 5 mins to find this guide and copy it, edit a few stuff and TADA! Guide!
Back to top Go down
Heatransoul

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Frozen Flame wrote:
Thanks. Mostly I just update it when the server's down. It's summer break for me (or, it was), so I had quite some time.
Macro wrote:
Frozen Flame wrote:
Or I actually spent about 10-20 hours working on it.
Back to top Go down
Macro

Macro

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Heatransoul wrote:
Frozen Flame wrote:
Thanks. Mostly I just update it when the server's down. It's summer break for me (or, it was), so I had quite some time.
Macro wrote:
Frozen Flame wrote:

Err you leeched =>
I'm not accusing you tho
Back to top Go down
Heatransoul

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:30 am

Macro wrote:
Heatransoul wrote:
Frozen Flame wrote:
Macro wrote:
Frozen Flame wrote:

Err you leeched =>
I'm not accusing you tho
The sole purpose of writing this guide is in the first sentence.
Since I left Gio, I stopped updating it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide   [Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

[Version 1.4]A Leveling Guide
Page 1 of 1